The Annapolis Chapter of the Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA) presents Open Mic Night! This is your chance to read your published, unpublished, finished, or in-progress poetry, fiction, non-fiction, etc. in front of a friendly group of supportive people. This is always a crowd favorite, so be a part of the fun and excitement. Start practicing now!
Here’s how to prepare:
- Select something you feel represents your work well.
- Make sure your reading is no more than five minutes. You’ll be surprised at how short the passage is on the page!
- Be prepared to briefly give context to your selection and explain what we need to know to understand what you’re reading.
- Practice, and with a timer! Work your way up to where you feel comfortable making eye contact with your audience and with clarity and feeling.
- We will accept sign-ups at the meeting, but if you can send us a quick email to let us know you’re participating, it will help us with planning (firstname.lastname@example.org). Don’t worry, you can change your mind later (or not).
We hope to meet in person for this event along with the Zoom meeting. More details to come.
To register for this online Zoom meeting, visit: