The Annapolis Chapter of the Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA) presents Open Mic Night! This is your chance to read your published, unpublished, finished, or in-progress poetry, fiction, non-fiction, etc. in front of a friendly group of supportive people. This is always a crowd favorite, so be a part of the fun and excitement. Start practicing now!
Here’s how to prepare:
- Select something you feel represents your work well.
- Make sure your reading is no more than five minutes. You’ll be surprised at how short the passage is on the page!
- Be prepared to briefly give context to your selection and explain what we need to know to understand what you’re reading.
- Practice, and with a timer! Work your way up to where you feel comfortable making eye contact with your audience and with clarity and feeling.
- We will accept sign-ups at the meeting, but if you can send us a quick email to let us know you’re participating, it will help us with planning (email@example.com). Don’t worry, you can change your mind later (or not).
To register for this online Zoom meeting, visit: